I am asking this new question after trying to recover my crashed windows data please refer below question/link
-------------My query regarding HDD Format Issue-----------------
windows is not able to neither format HDD nor install windows.IT gives following error
while formatting: Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. Error code: 0x80070057 While installing:It is not able to recognize HDD format so it doesn't go to next installation step
I used following steps to format HDD
select disk 0
It couldn't execute format
Select an unmounted partition. Choose: Partition → Delete. The application displays the delete partition operation in the Pending Operations pane.
Now format it. Choose: Partition → Format to, and select a type of file system from the list eg FAT32/NTFS.
If even this doesn't work then go for Western Digital Diagnostics Disk- The usage of this can also be achieved using the dd command in a terminal.
The error code 0x80070057 appears because the partition that is reserved for system is damaged
To resolve this problem, delete the existing partitions, create a new partition, and continue with the formatting.
• Start the installation process.
• Select all appropriate settings then click Install now.
• Click Custom (Advanced).
• Select Disk 0 partition 1, and click Delete.
• Select Disk 0 partition 2, and click Delete.
• Click New.
• Define the size of the disk, and then click Apply.
Note: the size of the default value is the maximum size of the disk.
• Select Disk 0 partition 2, and then click Formatting.
• Formatting should complete correctly. Click Next to continue.
You can now complete the installation without problems.
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0