I'm currently receiving a permissions error when exporting a HyperV VM to an SMB share that is hosted on FreeNAS.
This piece of Microsoft documentation explains that:
When you export a virtual machine in Hyper-V manager, it is the System account of the Hyper-V host that executes the export. This problem occurs because the Hyper-V host does not have permission on the network share.
The solution proposed is to:
Ensure the permissions allow the Computer account of the Hyper-V host performing the Export to update the shared folder.
However, it appears that the steps it suggests are for an SMB share that is hosted on a Windows server.
- On the destination server, right-click on the shared folder and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Edit button and click the Add button in the permissions dialog box.
- Click Oject Types and select Computers if not already done and click OK.
- In the dialog Enter the object names to select provide the name of Hyper-V host machine and click Check Names.
- With the Hyper-V host machine name select, click Allow by Full control and click OK.
My question is, how can I grant my HyperV VM full permission to my SMB share hosted on FreeNAS?
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0