I already tried a lot to fix the following problem: I try to install some Windows updates on a Windows 10 PC.
The update for "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 (KB 921896)" breaks with error code 0x80070643. This version is needed for an old application.
I tried to install it manually but the installation of this files break too: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb2463332 I also reinstalled NET Framework.
Did somebody face the same problem already and can give me some more hints to fix this?
Error code 0x80070643 is meaningless: it stands for ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE. You could also try to disable the antivirus.
A user reported success with this method:
- Opened the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Opened SQL Server 2005 Network Coniguration
- Right clicked on Protocols for MSSMLBIZ and selected Properties
- Set Force Encryption to No
- Opened SQL Server 2005 Services
- Started SQL Server (MSSMLBIZ) and SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)
- Installed KB 921896
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0