I'm trying to install Umbraco locally on Vista (IIS7) and ASP.NET35 - I have used the web.config for IIS7 and aspnet35 shown on the umbraco forums but still getting this IIS error.
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information Module IIS Web Core Notification BeginRequest Handler Not yet determined Error Code 0x80070021 Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false". Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\web.config Requested URL http://localhost:80/umbraco/install/ Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\install\ Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined Config Source 185: </modules> 186: <handlers> 187: <!-- Asp.net 3.5 handlers-->
this worked for me - just keep looking at what the section is that's causing the error and change the config file section to allow - had to run through this three times unlocking various sections
I found that the config file section in error for me was the one which registered the adobe extension.
<!-- Adobe AIR mime type --> <staticContent> <mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" /> </staticContent>
Once I commented this out then the site came up perfectly.
I am using Windows Vista with IIS7 (v6 SP2)
I am using Umbraco 4 Succesfully on my Vista Ultimate x64 box. as well as my Windows 2008 x64 server.
Make sure you do the following...
How did you do the install? It is strongly recommened you install Umbraco via the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (webpi) - http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/default.aspx
The problem though was likely because you weren't running the app in the Classic app pool mode.
The problem is clear from the error - one of the configuration sections set in web.config is locked on the parent/server level. Check your applicaitonHost.config to see what section that is set in Umbraco/web.config cannot be overriden (it has overrideModeDefault="Deny"), then either unlock that section (if you have permissions) for the website or remove the configuration in question from web.config.
There are some custom configuration sections used for configuring Examine and various other elements of Umbraco, and the relevant
<section> declarations in the web.config need
requirePermission="false" to be set (which they're not in the default .NET3.5 config).
requirePermission="false" is present on all
<section> elements, then try again.
This helped me c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319>aspnet_regiis.exe -i (concern 64Bit)
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0