I've followed these steps exactly and am getting the error below:
- Select File > New > Project...
- In the new project window, search for IoT Edge and choose the Azure IoT Edge (Windows amd64) project. Click Next.
- In the configure your new project window, rename the project and solution to something descriptive like CSharpTutorialApp. Click Create to create the project.
- In the Add Module window, configure your project with the following values:
- Select Add to create the module.
I get this error regardless of the combination of solution folders, module names, and any other parameters that I enter during this workflow:
The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
The net result is that no changes are made to the solution -- no IoT Edge module project is created, no other files are altered.
I've tried running Visual Studio 2019 (16.4.3) as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling the Azure IoT Edge Tools extension, all without success.
What can I do to troubleshoot this further?
Update 1: I've double-checked all documented prerequisites and still have this issue.
Update 2: Updating to Visual Studio 2019 16.4.4 did not help either.
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0