I have a C# / .NET Windows service that is archiving Exchange mailboxes, and I recently "packaged" the Veeam O365 Backup DLLs to be able to backup Exchange Online mailboxes automatically.
I 'll show you some piece of log showing that the program runs without issue for a while, then starts to fail out of nowhere with the error:
... until the service is restarted:
(see Edit1, my picture got overwritten)
System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at Veeam.Core.FileLoggerTransport.AutoArchive() at Veeam.Core.FileLoggerTransport.ArchiveAndDelete() at Veeam.Core.FileLoggerTransport.ControlLogSize() at Veeam.Core.FileLoggerTransport.WriteLine(UInt32 level, String message) at Veeam.Core.LoggerTransport.LogDefault(UInt32 level, String message, Object args) at Veeam.PowerShell.Core.BasePSCmdlet.BeginProcessing() at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoBeginProcessing() at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.DoBegin() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.ConstructPipelineAndDoWork(Runspace rs, Boolean performSyncInvoke) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.CreateRunspaceIfNeededAndDoWork(Runspace rsToUse, Boolean isSync) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvokeHelper[TInput,TOutput](PSDataCollection`1 input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvoke[TInput,TOutput](PSDataCollection`1 input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Invoke(IEnumerable input, PSInvocationSettings settings) at VeeamArchiverConnector.VeeamArchiverConnector.ConnectToVeeamServer(String serverName, Int32 port) at REMOVED.DeprovisionObject.DeprovisionOnline(String deprovisioningOu) in C:\Users\REMOVED\Source\Repos\ExchangeProvisioning\Deprovisioning\DeprovisionObject.cs:line 442 at REMOVED.DeprovisionObject.Start() in C:\Users\REMOVED\Source\Repos\ExchangeProvisioning\Deprovisioning\DeprovisionObject.cs:line 125
The project does reference System.IO.Compression, although:
In my .csproj file I have this:
<Reference Include="System.IO.Compression, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL"> <HintPath>..\packages\System.IO.Compression.4.3.0\lib\net46\System.IO.Compression.dll</HintPath> <Private>True</Private> <Private>True</Private> </Reference>
I don't have access to the code / project of "Veeam.Core.*" as they are Veeam DLLs coming with the Veeam O365 backup installer.
But globally what I don't understand, is the fact that it work for a while (usually around an hour or two), and then the error start unless I restart the service?
Any advise is welcomed!
I added more logs and custom exception throw inside my "Veeam Connector" project, but it's the same thing: the final error is still about System.IO.Compression missing, and the inputs never changed:
@howcheng Thank you! That did the trick, service running for multiple hours with no issues.
So the issues was this binding:
<assemblyIdentity name="System.IO.Compression" publicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-22.214.171.124" newVersion="126.96.36.199" />
That was redirecting to 188.8.131.52. I Suppose it was good on my only .NETFramework project, but as you mentioned, .NETStandard System.IO.Compression forces a version 184.108.40.206, and didn't update the binding when installed > so it was now trying to find 220.127.116.11, which was no more and it was only 18.104.22.168.
Updating the binding to "newVersion=22.214.171.124" did it!
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0