Google OR-Tools HRESULT: 0x8007007E on Windows Server 2012 R2


I created a windows service application that uses Google OR-Tools library for Net. I successfully tested it on local dev environent - Windows 10 (x64).

However when I move that application to Windows Server 2012 R2, it throws following error:

Knihovnu DLL nelze načíst: Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen. (Výjimka na základě hodnoty HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Inicializační metoda typu SWIGExceptionHelper vyvolala výjimku.
Inicializační metoda typu Google.OrTools.Sat.operations_research_satPINVOKE vyvolala výjimku.

It's in czech, however I think important is HRESULT: 0x8007007E

I tried following according to another questions on SO:

  • checked, that OR-tools libraries are in application directory
  • added application directory to PATH variable
asked on Stack Overflow Feb 23, 2019 by David Bouška

1 Answer


The solution was to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio from here:

The one matching your version of Visual Studio that was used for compilation (according to

For further reference, see this SO: Unable to load DLL (Module could not be found HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

answered on Stack Overflow Feb 23, 2019 by David Bouška • edited Feb 26, 2019 by David Bouška

User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0