Hi I am facing a strange problem,
I have create a asp.net core 2.1 web project, it works/build fine on my machine.
Then I have zipped the project folder with .sln file and moved it to new machin, this also have visual studio 2017, .net core 2.1(it is a VM).
I open the project and when build I get:
Error rzc generate exited with code -2147450750. DEVPROJECT_1 C:\Users\abc.nuget\packages\microsoft.aspnetcore.razor.design\2.1.1\build\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Design.CodeGeneration.targets 121
I have even checked the dependency version and they are the same. Both machine are win 7 service pack 1(machine where it works is 64 bit and new machine or vm is 32 bit OS).
Need some way to solve this.
Hi I did he clean build as suggested but same issue
: ------ Rebuild All started: Project: DEVPROJECT_1 , Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Failed to load the dll from [C:\Program Files\dotnet\host\fxr\2.1.3\hostfxr.dll], HRESULT: 0x80070057 The library hostfxr.dll was found, but loading it from C:\Program Files\dotnet\host\fxr\2.1.3\hostfxr.dll failed - Installing .NET Core prerequisites might help resolve this problem. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=798306&clcid=0x409 C:\Users\dev.nuget\packages\microsoft.aspnetcore.razor.design\2.1.1\build\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Design.CodeGeneration.targets(69,5): error : rzc discover exited with code -2147450750. Done building project "DEVPROJECT_1 .csproj" -- FAILED. ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
but when I double click it it redirect me to razor config file and points to this line:
<RazorGenerate Debug="$(_RazorDebugGenerateCodeTask)" DebugTool="$(_RazorDebugGenerateCodeTool)" ToolAssembly="$(_RazorToolAssembly)" UseServer="$(UseRazorBuildServer)" ForceServer="$(_RazorForceBuildServer)" SuppressCurrentUserOnlyPipeOptions="$(_RazorSuppressCurrentUserOnlyPipeOptions)" PipeName="$(_RazorBuildServerPipeName)" Version="$(RazorLangVersion)" Configuration="@(ResolvedRazorConfiguration)" Extensions="@(ResolvedRazorExtension)" Sources="@(RazorGenerateWithTargetPath)" ProjectRoot="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)" TagHelperManifest="$(_RazorTagHelperOutputCache)" />
This is odd. Could be caching foul play.
objfolders in your solution
I got this issue after upgrading dotnet SDK to 3.0.
I resolved it by adding a global.json file and setting SDK to 2.1.504
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0