While opening the MainPage.xaml after creating new uwp project getting error
Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
I am using Visual Studio 2015 and repaired it still I am getting the same error. Please help me out.
The only thing that was throwing the error was the connected services functions. I could not add or maintain them.
I had to restore my entire code base to resolve the issue. I pulled the last stable build and then reintroduced my changes until I had it stable again.
We have a fairly large WPF code base comprised of VB, XAML and C#. We use a hosted SQL Server database and that is what the connected services were for. I only noticed the problem when I was attempting to add a new table. I should add, we use netTiers to created the classes for the hosted data.
I was not able to determine the exact cause because only a total wipe and reload worked. I do suspect that an MSI project I worked on that used WIX was the culprit. That is because I am the only developer to use those and the only one who experienced this issue.
So a lot of conjecture, I admit, but starting with a clean stable build from another developer solved the issue.
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0