I have an ASP.NET web site running under IIS 7.5 Works great.
Now we're experimenting with a new Windows 10 server, which runs IIS 10. Copied the identical web site to the new server and try to open it:
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. ... Error Code 0x8007000d ... Config Source: -1: 0:
I looked up the error code:
Cause: This problem occurs because the ApplicationHost.config file or the Web.config file contains a malformed XML element.
Resolution: Delete the malformed XML element from the ApplicationHost.config file or from the Web.config file.
But that web.config file has been working for years. Nothing has changed. So I think that "malformed xml" message is a red herring, and there must be some other setting I'm missing.
I was running into the exact same issue and for me it was because I forgot to install Url Rewrite 2.0 for IIS, so my rewrite rules were causing the error. Not sure if this will be the same for you or not.
I figured it out by commenting out blocks of the web.config until I got it to stop throwing that error.
Hope that helps!
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0