When I start my project and it loads up my page, I get the following error:
I'm assuming, it's got something to do with JQuery not being included even though it should be.
Any idea what the problem might be?
Works when using
Will keep researching it as to why it won't work with the MS one! It is definitely there as I can download it!
I figured out 2 problems:
I was using https on my localhost and I should have used the https of jquery. Changing this got rid of my original error but it gave me some other error that I'm still researching.
My code works perfectly (and more since I've open this thread) as now I'm also calling a REST web service and manipulating the data returned without a single error but this only works in Chrome and Firefox! What the hell is up with IE11
I have't found the answer to this very annoying problem so I am adding my solution (which may not be the only one, but here goes).
If your physical folder path includes an underscore, it will fail to load jQuery. So, if you dropped your website to lets say
C:\MyRoot\MyFolder_2\WebSite1\ then it won't work. However, if you remove the underscore and it becomes
C:\MyRoot\MyFolder2\WebSite1\ it will work and jQuery will suddenly be loaded. jQuery loaded = no more errors.
Hope this helps
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0