I have installed abcPDF 184.108.40.206 version on my local machine and everything works perfectly. but I deploy code to windows server 2008 R2 machine i get this error.
any one guide me what could be the issue.
I have already explored following articles and this is not working for me.
string strFileName = Invoice.InvoiceNumber; XSettings.License = "something-something-something"; Doc m_GeneratePDF = new Doc(); m_GeneratePDF.HtmlOptions.Engine = EngineType.Gecko; StringBuilder strBuilderHTML = new StringBuilder(); string strHTML; strBuilderHTML.Append("<HTML>"); strBuilderHTML.Append("<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=UTF-8' />"); strBuilderHTML.Append("<head>"); //strBuilderHTML.Append("<link href='styles/Site.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />"); strBuilderHTML.Append("</head>"); strBuilderHTML.Append("<BODY>"); strHTML = strBuilderHTML.ToString(); theID = m_GeneratePDF.AddImageHtml(strHTML);
That are relevant to my problem.
Finally after fighting with this issue 3 days i solved it.
here is what i did: 1) I was publishing the code from 32 bit machine windows 8 2) my server was windows server 2008 R2 64bit machine.
=>I enabled 32bit applications from iis options which never solved my problem as per googling then i => set "Load User profile" which again never solved my problem. =>then somebody told me give full rights to abcPDF and abcGeco dlls on your server that also never worked.
Then i finally, compiled my code from 64bit machine OR i copied 64bit ABCpdf & ABCGeco dll files from bin folder into my published folder that finally worked.
Just want do add my solution:
Install ABCpdf (in my case "ABCpdf.NET64.exe") on the server, that´s all. (You could probably copy some dll files around to fix the problem)
for the error:
Unable to load DLL 'ABCpdf10-64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Environment (all x64)
Prod: Windows Server 2012 R2 Dev: Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015
This probably won't be too helpful here. But I struggled with this as well from an inherited project after a Windows Update broke a very old implementation of ABCPDF within an ASP.NET web application. I am not saying you should repeat these steps, but I am putting all these steps in here in case it helps someone else identify what they might need to do. Also, I was on ABCPDF10, but I don't see why this wouldn't work for any version.
It feels to me like a registry key/path issue. But I have no idea if that is right.
Hopefully that helps someone else.
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0