I am replicating web application deployment and found several issues related to
HTTP Error 500.19. My machine is running Windows 7 while the working development is using Windows 8. We're developing our Web Application using Visual Studio 2010.
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error Error Code 0x8007000d Config Source -1: 0:
I have read the symptoms definition in Microsoft support page and cause of the error is:
This problem occurs because the ApplicationHost.config file or the Web.config file contains a malformed XML element.
and the solution is
Delete the malformed XML element from the ApplicationHost.config file or from the Web.config file.
However, the web.config that I used is working perfectly in the original development environment.
Here is what I have checked and tried so far:
This is part of my Web.Config
<system.webServer> <section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Allow" /> <section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Allow" /> <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" /> <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> </modules> <handlers> <remove name="UrlRoutingHandler" /> <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /> </handlers> <urlCompression doStaticCompression="true" doDynamicCompression="false"></urlCompression> <directoryBrowse enabled="true" /> <defaultDocument> <files> <add value="Logon.aspx" /> </files> </defaultDocument> </system.webServer>
I have read similar/duplicates/closed posts (around 13) posts in stackoverflow, tried all except the answer related to Ajax (is it related) and still have no clue on what the error is.
Does anyone one how to fix this error? (And if possible, a comprehensive lists of things need to be checked so we can reduce similar posts like this.) I am ready to provide more details.
Error 0x8007000d means URL rewriting module (referenced in web.config) is missing or proper version is not installed.
Just install URL rewriting module via web platform installer.
I recommend to check all dependencies from web.config and install them.
When trying to set up a .NET Core 1.0 website I got this error, and tried everything else I could find with no luck, including checking the web.config file, IIS_IUSRS permissions, IIS URL rewrite module, etc. In the end, I installed DotNetCore.1.0.0-WindowsHosting.exe from this page: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download and it started working right away.
Specific link to download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=817246
Install URL rewriting:
UPDATE - this is now available here (and works with IIS 7-10):
Ensure you have the following set to 'Allowed' for your IIS server:
In my case (.Net Core Web API) for this issue HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error 0x8007000d
First download dotnet-hosting-3.0.0-preview5-19227-01-win (.Net Core 3) or dotnetcore 2 hasting windows
Any .net core 3.1 application either angular or mvc application would need this.
Second install it as Administrator Open cmd as administrator, type iisreset, press enter
So refresh your localhost app
Best regard M.M.Tofighi from Iran
Kind of late to the party here, but I have just been struggling with the exact same issue (symptoms) and cursing the lack of error detail reporting. It worked fine on IIS 8+ machines but Win 7 got these INSTANT HTTP 500.19 errors. For me it was as silly as having an unsupported configuration element in the config file:
<applicationInitialization doAppInitAfterRestart="true"> <add initializationPage="/" /> </applicationInitialization>
So while running old web.config files worked fine, I just diffed them and started chopping away at new blocks until I got the page to start loading. Had I seen this as an answer I would have gone this route immediately as I knew none of the popular solutions were relevant. So there you go :)
Problem solved. Here are the steps that I tried:
The config that I commented the previous one that I added:
<section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Allow" /> <section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Allow"/>
I understand that this error can occur because of many different reasons. In my case it was because I uninstalled WSUS service from Server Roles and the whole IIS went down. After doing a bit of research I found that uninstalling WSUS removes a few dlls which are used to do http compression. Since those dlls were missing and the IIS was still looking for them I did a reset using the following command in CMD:
appcmd set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']
Bingo! The problem is sorted now. Dont forget to run it as an administrator. You might also need to do "iisreset" as well. Just in case.
Hope it helps others. Cheers
For me, it was all about setting up my web server to use the latest-and-greatest tech to support my ASP.NET 5 application!
The following URL gave me all the tips I needed:
Hope this helps :)
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0