I have written a few C# apps that I have running via windows task scheduler. They are running successfully (as I can see from the log files that they are writing ) but windows task scheduler shows them returning a last run result of
0xE0434352. Is there something I need to do in my C# application so that it returns a success code to the windows task scheduler?
Another option is to simply use the Application log accessible via the Windows Event Viewer. The .Net error will be recorded to the Application log.
You can see these events here:
Event Viewer (Local) > Windows Logs > Application
When setup a job in new windows you have two fields "program/script" and "Start in(Optional)". Put program name in first and program location in second. If you will not do that and your program start not in directory with exe, it will not find files that are located in it.
Hans Passant was correct, I added a handler for AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException as described here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.appdomain.unhandledexception(v=vs.71).aspx I was able to find the exception that was occurring and corrected it.
I was referencing a mapped drive and I found that the mapped drives are not always available to the user account that is running the scheduled task so I used
\\IPADDRESS instead of
MAPDRIVELETTER: and I am up and running.
I got the same error but I have fixed it by changing the file reading path from "ConfigFile.xml" to AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory.ToString() + "ConfigFile.xml"
In my case, this error due to file path error because task manager starts program from "System32" as initial path but the folder we thought.
I was getting the same message message within dotNet Core 2.2 using MVC 5, however nothing was being logged to the Windows Event Viewer.
I found that I had changed the Project sdk from
Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Razor (seen within the
projects.csproj file). I changed this back and it worked fine :)
User contributions licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0