I have created a basic WinPE 10 boot.wim, which is deployed by PXE through WDS. Unfortunately, when it attempts to launch setup.exe the error:
Windows could not determine the language to use for setup. Error code:
I can't get around this error!
To create the boot.wim, Windows 10 ADK was installed (on Windows 7 Ent), the WinPE.wim boot file from the ADK was mounted and the following packages were added:
- Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~10.0.10240.16384 (Language Pack)
- Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Foundation)
- WinPE-LegacySetup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~10.0.10240.16384 (Language Pack)
- WinPE-LegacySetup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
- WinPE-Scripting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
- WinPE-Setup-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~10.0.10240.16384 (Language Pack)
- WinPE-Setup-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
- WinPE-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~10.0.10240.16384 (Language Pack)
- WinPE-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
- WinPE-WDS-Tools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
- WinPE-WMI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384 (Feature Pack)
International settings are:
- Default system UI language : en-US
- System locale : en-US
- Default time zone : Pacific Standard Time
- User locale for default user : en-US
- Location : United States (GEOID = 244)
- Active keyboard(s) : 0409:00000409
- Keyboard layered driver : PC/AT Enhanced Keyboard (101/102-Key)
- Installed language(s): en-US Type : Fully localized language.
The WDS server is a 2012 R2 box.
No Unattend files for WinPE being used at this stage.